- When people use the word “lay” (past tense or transitive) when they mean “lie” (present tense or intransitive).
- When people talk during movies. Particularly during the really heavy scenes, and particularly when their comments demonstrate only a superficial understanding of the movie.
- Creationism, in both its young Earth and intelligent design varieties.
- Piles of dirty dishes in my sink.
- When my blood sugar is over 300 mg/dL.
- When otherwise intelligent people commit informal fallacies and respond arrogantly to counterargument.
- Misrepresentation of science and scientific theories by media/politicians/etc.
- The trump: When I catch myself doing any of these things.