Design a chip that…
- Can be implanted in a subcutaneous blood vessel.
- Can accurately measure blood glucose with a sampling frequency of once per minute or better.
- Gets the power it needs to perform measurements from motion (e.g., of the arm in which it is implanted) .
- Has a 5+ year lifetime.
- Transmits its readings to a watch-sized device near the implant site.
- Interfaces, via the watch and an adaptive control law, with an insulin infusion pump to maintain blood glucose at 100 mg/dL, given an estimate of carbohydrate intake supplied via the watch or pump UI.
And then sign me up for a human trial. Thanks.