- CITATION SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS. I am probably most excited about this feature of the New Word. But I write scientific papers and conference proceedings, not English papers, so MLA and Chicago are less useful to me than journal citation formats. I need the ability to easily (i.e., not days of XML programming) define my own citation styles.
- Tabbed browsing if I open up multiple Word documents, rather than opening a new window each time.
- Styles from a template should appear in the ribbon before the default styles.
- Better layout of the ribbon for picture tools.
- Better layout of the ribbon for tables.